Turkey Bacon and Vegetable Omelet
- 4 large eggs scrambled with salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup chopped baby bella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 ounces chopped turkey bacon
- 1 teas dried oregeno
- 1 teas dried basil
- 1 1/2 Tbs grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/2 Tbs chopped fresh parsely
- 1 teas coconut oil, divided
Coat a small omelet pan with half a teaspoon coconut oil; heat over medium heat. Add bacon, mushroom, pepper, garlic, and onion; cook, stirring frequently, until onions are softened, 5 minutes. Remove from pan to a bowl and set aside.
Wipe pan clean. Off heat, coat with 1/2 teas oil; heat over medium heat. Add egg; swirl to spread egg over the pan and cook until bottom is set and the top is nearly cooked through about 3 minutes. Top omelet with turkey mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Fold omelet over; cook 1-2 minutes more. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Serving size: 2 omelets
You can save time by prepping and cooking your bacon and veggies the night before. Store them in the fridge and they are ready to use in the morning.