Healthy Stuffed Zucchini
This baked healthy stuffed zucchini is filled with a mixture of onion, garlic, sweet red pepper, chicken breast, and crumbled feta cheese.
- 1 pound browned chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large zucchini (about 12 inches long) cut in half length-wise
- 1 cup sweet red pepper chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tbs oil olive oil or coconut oil works well
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup water for the bottom of the pan
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375°. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and using a spoon or melon baller, scoop out flesh, leaving 1/4″ thick. Arrange in a baking dish. Chop the scooped-out flesh of the zucchini in small pieces, and set aside.
Heat a large sauté pan, add 1 tbs oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add chopped onion, chopped garlic, and chopped red pepper. Sauté on a medium-low flame for about 2-3 minutes, until onions are translucent.
Add chopped zucchini and season with a pinch of salt and pepper; cook about 1-2 minutes.
Add browned chicken breast and mix well.
Using a spoon, fill hollowed zucchini with stuffing, pressing firmly.
Place ¼ cup water in bottom of the baking dish and cover tightly with foil. Bake 35 minutes or until fork tender.