Spaghetti squash is a fantastic lower-calorie, lower- carb alternative to pasta.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 1/3 cup unsalted chick peas rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 24 cherry tomatoes halved
- 6 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 4 cups baby spinach torn
- dash salt and pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 8 tbsp feta cheese crumbled
- 1 cup sweet red pepper chopped
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil, swirling to coat the pan. Add onion and garlic; saute 4 minutes,
Add chick peas, thyme, and tomatoes; cook 1 minute.
Add spaghetti squash, spinach, and salt and pepper; toss gently to combine. Cook 2 minutes or until spinach is just wilted.
Garnish with 1/4 C sweet red pepper, and sprinkle with cheese.