Creamy Chicken Salad without all the calories.
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped or grated
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup raisins dried cranberry would work too
- 4 tbs chopped toasted walnuts
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 medium apple chopped
- 1 cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs spicy mustard
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 1/2 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion juice To make onion juice, place a small piece of onion in a garlic crusher and squeeze.
Lightly grease a skillet and heat over medium heat. Add chicken pieces and season with your favorite seasonings. Cook chicken for 4-5 minutes until you no longer see pink. Remove from heat and set aside.
Combine celery, carrots, tomatoes, raisins, chopped apple, and mixed salad greens. Divide on to 4 plates. Add 1/4 of the chicken to each plate. Drizzle 3 tbs Creamy Yogurt Dressing over salad, and garnish with 1 tbs. of roasted walnuts.
Place all ingredients in a small bowl; whisk until smooth. Store extra dressing in an air tight container to use as a dip for vegetables or as dressing for another salad.